PERIOD OF CONTRACT: Permanent contract
ACTIVITY RATE: 100 %
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 30-06-2017
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed Training Officer.
We offer a fast-paced, captivating, and flexible international working environment, where research is closely connected with current affairs and policy issues, in an institution renowned for research excellence, located in the Maison de la Paix (House of Peace) at the heart of International Geneva.
Mission and activities
The Training Officer will manage and lead in the provision of IPTI’s training and development of materials, course designs, and activities. These activities are conducted in cooperation with IPTI’s partner training institutions for a variety of audiences, including professionals working in international organizations, national institutions, and civil society. IPTI’s training activities entail presenting IPTI’s research findings (which currently include modules on: inclusive process design in mediation; national dialogues; women in peace processes; role of civil society in peace processes; and prevention of violence). Past experience with these modules have ranged from 1.5 h sessions to several days depending on the audience and the course design.
The Training Officer is expected to take charge of the following tasks:
- Develop IPTI’s training strategy in cooperation with IPTI’s Senior Management;
- Establish and sustain close and effective partnerships with collaborating training institutions;
- Establish, maintain and develop IPTI’s training resources, including multimedia formats and participatory methods in cooperation with the research team and the Director;
- Design, prepare, manage, and facilitate high quality trainings related to IPTI’s mandate to a variety of audiences;
- Deliver trainings and presentations, independently or in cooperation with other team members;
- Design and conduct training evaluations and participant assessments;
- Design and help produce training and methodology materials that will be made available publicly and used globally;
- Provide coaching to staff members on training methods, including through “train the trainer” activities;
- Provide technical backstopping to IPTI staff during trainings;
- Closely work with IPTI’s Communication Officer to promote training materials and opportunities in line with our communication strategy;
- Project proposal writing and reporting as required;
We are looking for a candidate with solid experience in adult education, training or facilitation, working in both formal and informal settings with substantial knowledge of peacebuilding and/or mediation and the field.
The candidate should enjoy a dynamic work environment in international Geneva. S/he ideally fulfils the following requirements:
- Graduated at MA-level in a social sciences, political sciences or humanities degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a training or educational setting (university, think tanks, NGO, or similar);
- Proven experience providing training in workshop settings with diverse groups;
- Comprehensive knowledge of training methods, including participatory methods, for a variety of audiences;
- Proven ability to translate complex research and policy content into educational training formats;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to think, operate and adapt with a high degree of political sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including in cross-cultural and international settings;
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken); another language (French, Spanish, Arabic) would be considered an asset;
- International experience, ideally with a peace or transition process and knowledge and a keen interest in peacebuilding;
- Knowledge of gender studies and women’s inclusion in peace and political processes would be an advantage;
- Well-versed in multimedia and presentation software;
- Flexibility, commitment, ability to work independently and manage own deadlines;
- A commitment to tackling social, economic and political exclusion and promoting inclusion, equality and participation,
- Willingness to work in an international and dynamic team and fast-paced environment;
- Candidates must have a valid Swiss work permit or EU / Swiss nationality.
What IPTI offers
- A fascinating spectrum of professional experiences in a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment with access to high level and civil society-based peace mediation opportunities;
- The opportunity to shape a range of exciting international activities in support of mediation and peace processes;
- Work within a dynamic team of highly qualified professionals, including a research team that supports the policy and practice work;
- Work with IPTI’s talented team;
- A stimulating academic and policy environment at the heart of international Geneva, located in the Maison de la Paix;
For more information, candidates are encouraged to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.